Australian Lamington's Recipe
Lamington’s are an Australian cake made from squares of butter cake or sponge cake coated in an outer layer of chocolate sauce and rolled in desiccated coconut. The thin mixture is absorbed into the outside of the sponge cake and left to set, giving the cake a distinctive texture.
This easy to make recipe is perfect to make for Eid day as a yummy treat! Let us see how you get on by tagging us in your creations! @halalfoodgastro
An absolute hit in the home and oh so easy and yummy scrummy too!
- Whisk (alternatively can use a blender for ease)
- 8 oz Butter Room Temperature
- 12 oz Caster Sugar
- 12 oz Flour
- 4 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 10 oz Caster Sugar
- 4 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 oz Butter
- 3-4 drops Vanilla Essence
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- Beat Butter and Sugar until it's creamy and pale
- Add eggs one at a time
- Stir in flour and beat
- Add Baking powder and Cream of Tartar
- Pour milk gradually
- Pour batter and Bake in a tray or square dish/tin at 160° for 40mins
- Cool cake and freeze
- remove from the freezer the next morning and cut into squares. Dip the Lamingtons in Sauce (recipe below for sauce) and roll in Desiccated Coconut. Enjoy!
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix in the water on a saucepan. Heat through until thick and remove from heat.
Thank you to @hunger_games_foodie for sharing this recipe with us. Make sure you check out her page, filled with delicious recipes and loads more stuff!