The famous beverage that’s taking over all social media platforms, fluffy, tasty and whipped to perfection. Dalgona is unlike any regular old drink. Dalgona coffee, often known as whipped coffee, is a frothy beverage inspired by a well known South Korean candy, similar to a sweet toffee. As it’s one of the biggest food trends, why not try it out during this quarantine? It’s definitely worth it! It’s made from only vigorous whisking between equal amounts of coffee, sugar and boiled water. Easy and worth it! Dlgona makes this incredible drink, but you can use it in so many other ways! We tried a combination of the whipped coffee, chocolate ice cream and hot chocolate, exactly the same concept with an extra chocolatey hit!
- 2 tbspn Instant Coffee (Whatever you enjoy)
- 2 tbspn Sugar Brown sugar tastes great. Adjust as required.
- 2 tbspn Hot water
- 1 tbspn Hot Chocolate (optional)
- 1 tbspn Chocolate ice-cream (optional)
- Add 2 tablespoons of instant coffee, 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of hot water into a bowl. The amounts can indeed be halved or doubled to whatever amount you desire as long as they’re all equal measurements.
- Using a hand mixer (for ease), let the machine do its job until the texture changes! This can also be done using a milk frother, stand mixer, whisk or spatula/spoon, however, since it’d take much longer a mixer is preferable.
- If you want to get in an arm exercise then a whisk is definitely great, you’ll need to hand whisk for 20 minutes, just be prepared for pain afterwards aha! The mixture will turn into a fluffy, paste-like texture from all the whipping.
- Once the mixture is up to standards, add the Dalgona into the glass or you can add your milk first 😉 (if you’re not big on coffee add less). You can then either opt for a cold drink with ice (add into a glass now) or go for a nice hot Dalgona latte, warm up your milk. If you’d like to go for more of a chocolatey vibe you can add in a big spoon of hot chocolate powder.
- Have a taste of it and see if it’s good! You can add extra sugar if desired, but remember it will be diluted with milk.
- If you’re going for a mocha frappe add in a big spoon of chocolate ice-cream.
- If you didn't add the milk previously add it in now.
- Once your milk and Dalgona is in the glass you can mix
- Take some pictures for the gram and enjoy. Whichever one you opt for is delicious and will stop you missing your favourite coffee shop.
Let us know what you think in the comments below ❤️